It can feel overwhelming when we hear of global crises. There’s panic all around us, uncertainty of where we’re headed at an alarming rate, and people in power who don’t seem to care. It thrills me to see how the force of social media sparks fires (pun intended) in raising awareness about current issues, but it doesn’t thrill me when those same raging fires are put out incredibly quickly and people go back to their lives as if there aren’t thousands of other crises to fight. I can’t pretend like I’m not guilty of this. I have been 100% guilty of this. No one is perfect. There have been so many times when I’ve felt unworthy or too small to make an impact. But that’s simply not true! It IS possible. I adore this planet and I hope you do, too, because we aren’t moving anywhere else soon.
Some ideas on tangible ways to help: • Whenever you’re out and about, try to pick up at least 3 pieces of trash
• Limit your purchasing of single-use plastics
• Eat less meat
• Instead of driving to work every day, think about riding a bike or walking a few days a week or using public transit
• Be a responsible consumer and support companies who use sustainable processes
• Shop locally
• Don’t have more children
• Donate to charities you believe in
• And vote, vote, vote! ...