A lot of you have joined my insta family recently, (thank you, grateful for ALL of you, Alhamdulilah💜) and some of you also requested me to do a fact post, so here we go :) 1) I'm pessimistically optimistic. In any given situation, my mind goes through all the things that can go wrong and then ends its rant with - but remember Allah is greater than all of this.
2) Contrary to popular belief, I didn't end up working as a Dietitan, although that's an amazing profession. I'm one of those people whose degree has nothing to do with their current career choice. I've done my Masters in Nutrition and here I am, writing novels
3) However, my 2 years in Masters was the reason I published my novel. This sounds pretty unrelated (story for another day) but those degree years ended up teaching me about life. The end result was that I realised to chase your dream, you need the right attitude, degree is just a bonus
4) I'm not a make up junkie. I like make up, and it's cute and all, but I'm not gaga over it. It has something to do with the fact that with one thorough session of washing the face, it runs down the drain and then it's just you and your bare face all over again. I don't have the most perfect skin but I think acceptance is everything. Make up is cool, but only if you don't use it to hide the real you
5) Love love love the clouds and the sky, the waves and the beach.
6) I enjoy solitude. Meeting people is awesome, but spending time with yourself is pretty cool too
7) Recent realisation: You are allowed to be afraid - of failure, of ruined relationships, of loss, of uncertainty. But successful are those who muster the faith to rise above the fear. Who feel the fear and march ahead with hope
8) Writing came to me by chance. Started reading novels on Wattpad and one day, very randomly, I thought why don't I write one myself? It went on to occupy a huge part of my life, Subhan Allah
9) I melt seeing people who are humble and kind. Those who are aware of all the blessings they have, and credit Allah for all of them.
10) I used to have really nice handwriting until grade 10 but I don't know what happened after that, it turned into scribbles. 🤦🏻♀ ...