Have you ever felt this way?
I learned it the hard way to not allow little things to bother me and say “no” to things I don’t want. That got me to work a little harder on letting go and not letting little things get to me.
Lessons I’ve learned:
• Don’t worry and let go of what’s outside of your control: in the past or in the future
• Accept reality and focus on what’s in your control
• Focus on the Big Picture. Don’t let a little thing ruin your entire day
• Learn to put things in perspective
• Remember that we all make mistakes
• Ask yourself if it will matter in 5 years
Despite the fact that you can’t always control the things that happen to you or the things others think and do, you can always control how you decide to respond. Letting something bother you causes stress and unhappiness for yourself. Instead, make the choice that brings you more happiness by focusing your energy somewhere else.
When something goes wrong, you have two choices. You can slip into a rage, or let it go. Making the choice to stop letting the little things bother you will bring you life-changing happiness, and you will be thankful for your own shift in perspective.