Food so nice they named it twice 😝 Pesto Pearl Couscous Salad 👅 RECIPE below 👇🏼 Ingredients:
1 large bunch basil
20 g baby spinach
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
250g pearl couscous
400g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chickpeas, drained
1/2 tsp each paprika and turmeric
pinch of sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
50 g baby spinach, finely shredded
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp hemp seeds
10 g snow pea tendrils
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan forced and line two baking trays.
2. Place the pumpkin on one tray and drizzle over half of the olive oil and salt, toss. Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until golden and soft.
3. Place the chickpeas on the other baking tray, add the remaining olive oil, salt, turmeric and paprika, toss and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
4. Cook pearl couscous on the stove as per packet instructions.
5. Add all pesto ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
6. Lightly toast the pine nuts by placing them in a pan over high heat, dry fry for approximately 2-3 minutes, tossing regularly.
7. Once the pumpkin is cooked, lightly smash pumpkin pieces with a fork.
8. In a large salad bowl, add the baby spinach, red onion, cooked couscous, baked pumpkin, and pesto, toss together.
9. Add the cranberries, hemp seeds, snow pea tendrils, pine nuts, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss again.
10. Pour over the crispy spiced chickpeas and serve into bowls or as a side with veggie patties.
FULL RECIPE IS ON MY BLOG!! Enjoy 💋 #elsaswholesomelife#plantbasedrecipes#IGvideo ...
Ambition is the first step to success. Second step is taking action. So many people have all these great ideas and before you know it ten years has past and that thought just ends up becoming a what if. Set out a plan and take ACTION. Tomorrow is a perfect opportunity to start with smashing your goals and investing in yourself. Lets move into the week strong and hungry! ...
Leave his texts on read. Leave his balls on blue🤑
Top: @andali_x ...
We had such a beautiful day together. 🙌🏼💕
You might have seen in my story today that I’m really putting a lot of effort into being more conscious and in the present moment in attempt to get out of my own head. I’m an over thinker and sometimes it gets to the point where my thinking drives me crazy and makes me extremely overwhelmed. So I had to take control and make changes where I could, and some of those changes are appreciating each day and every little moment, rather than looking at the big picture and getting overwhelmed with what I have to do tomorrow, next week, next month etc. I’m focusing on my breathing, deep diaphragmatic breaths in and slow exhales. When I breathe I imagine breathing in positive air that rejuvenates me and I breathe out any toxic stuff that I may have going on inside my head. This is something I visualise of course haha! But it helps!
I’m also spending a lot more time outdoors in the fresh air, in nature and of course spending quality time with Mia and Dec. I really try to be in the present moment and absorb everything that’s going on around me. I’m conscious of things happening in my body, my breathing, my heart beating and my muscles when I move and I can feel the blood going to every cell in my body. Focusing on these things really takes my mind off everything else. And it helps me to be calm and peaceful. I also realise that I exaggerate and over complicate every little challenge to be bigger and harder than they truly are and doing these practices every day help me to simplify everything in my head so I can be calm, logical, rational and ultimately happier. 🤗
Do any of you suffer from anxiety or feelings of overwhelm? What are some things you do every day to help keep yourself in check and not let your thoughts hijack your happiness? .
It’s the little things!!! Nanny, Zahli day.
Nanny” what would you like to do today Zah?”
Zahli “ go on the tram”
Nanny “ what else? A movie? The ballet shop? Somewhere yummy for lunch? “
Zahli “ no just the tram. And can I have jam on bread for lunch. ?” Whatever you want my little girl. Lucky nanny. ... I may want to go to the ballet shop, so we still may get there🙊🙊 . #nannygrandieday#nosmellyboys#thoughwedolovetheboys#tramrides#zahlipaige ...
First day of school in the GC - St Brigids 💫So proud of you Niva! You're going to do amazing things at your new school my girl ...